Okay, I understand mistakes happen. I make a lot of them myself. This makes sense. Hell, I'm an IT guy. I've slapped networks together that were so damn screwed up at the beginning it took me forever to get them mapped and running. I've destroyed expensive systems doing routine bonehead things. We all do this stuff. Ever leave the iron on?
But dammit, I expect my mechanic to not screw up my car!
I was getting routine maintenance on the Altima, and they broke some part that needed to be replaced. I had to sit around all day reading golf digest (Zzzzzzzzz.) and wait for it to be finished. Sheesh.
The good side to it is that I get every damn oil change and just about any other little thing free for like the next decade. The part they broke was well over 200 bucks and of course they covered it. They were also very polite and terribly sorry, as expected, but I have to say I was rather surprised by the honesty of their technicians more than anything.
In the end, its why I'm gonna keep using Pep Boys. They could have just said the part was bad and tried to shine me on, but they fessed up and took responsibility. I respect that, even if it did totally screw up my day.
So arrgh, and all that.
September 5, 2003
!@%$¡ Arrgh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment