I just realized something...
...we can thank the internet for all but destroying the 1-900 Sex Line ads.
Think about it. Remember before 1995 how every damn commercial on television past 10:00 PM was for some phone sex company with stripper look-alikes, and porn star wannabes? How many of those do you see now?
It's really freaking late, so I'm doing my regular insomniac thing and I came across the first sex line commercial I've seen in ages. It stuck out so much compared to the 300th viewing of "Stacy's Mom" by Fountains of Wayne, that I had to sit down and really ponder how long it had been since I had seen one of those. Turns out it's been a while.
Then I began to think to myself; "Why would anyone call one of those?" I mean, don't get me wrong, I think phone sex is terribly cool. I just couldn't imagine paying some 50 year old housewife in Jersey 3 bucks a minute to talk dirty to me, when I could pay way less to have a hottie anywhere in the world strip and do all manner of naughty things for me on a live streaming webcam....with sound.
I would assume this is the thinking of nearly every other red blooded American pervert, and thus, the downfall of the phone sex industry. I do see ads for phone sex online though, so I am sure the industry is in full swing regardless of internet porn.
It's just nice to be able to watch really crappy TV late at night and not see the same damn commercial with the big-hair silicone skank every 7 minutes.
November 23, 2003
Call Me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment