So I was offered a job as an IT professor for a local junior college.
Yeah, that's what I said!
Out on a job up in Techahapi at the Kern County Superintendent's office, I ran into the main honcho who handles all human resources. After we got their system up and running, I gave the business manager a little lesson on how to use Word and Excel interchangeably (most notably the enabled tables features)
Well, when I finished the HR manager stepped over and said:
HR Manager: "Hey, would you be interested in teaching here?"
Me: "Well, I already have a job...but..."
HR Manager: "No, no, no...it's a night job. 2 days a week. 3 hours a day. You'd be teaching an adult ed class. The subject is intro to MS Office."
Me: "Wow, uh..."
HR Manager: "Pay's $30 bucks an hour, and $40 an hour by the next semester."
Me: "Where do I sign up?"
Yeah, so I filled out the ap, sent my resume, and now I have to fill out a vocational education credential for the State of California. I have no idea how things like this happen. I mean, this will be fun. I LOVE teaching people Office. I don't know why but it's just so damn fun.
Also, my classroom is amazing. She showed it to me before I left. I have a 3000 lumen LCD projector, 30 desks with new Dell 2.4 GHZ systems in them, and they're all those groovy desks with the monitor embedded in them...you know at an angle so the student looks down into a little window?
Dude, that's so cool.
Either way, I can't wait to say something like:
"No, actually I have to grade some papers."
Or....
"You know, one of my students..."
Jesus, I am so lame. I wanna be a teacher so I can say I'm a teacher. Like it's gonna get me some discount at PC Club or something.
March 29, 2004
Hey, where's my apple?...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment