Aaaaah, we've finally moved in.
You know, this is a really great thing. Over the weekend, we moved into our new apartment here in Bakersfield. I haven't even begun to appreciate how wonderful this is because I'm so damn tired, but yay us!!
Kayla is especially beat. While I've been loading and unloading a U-Haul, she's been handling the vast majority of the packing and children-related issues; i.e. diapers.
Fortunately all the major stuff is moved, and we've suprised ourselves with how little we needed to take with us from storage. Oddly enough, you'd be amazed how little you miss your material things if you haven't been around them in a while. We're gonna have a pretty big Goodwill shipment, or yard sale that's for sure. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that we're planning to finally implement the "style" we've always wanted. We're big fans of scandinavian, and japanese interiors.
We can walk into an IKEA, and pretty much feel at home.
Also, we can afford their stuff...so that has a lot to do with it. We're not big on bankrolling a ton of cash into a place when we have two toddlers who can easily destroy it. Quasi disposable, mass produced, self assembled, and readily available, makes us happy. Go figure.
I can't wait to get Kayla in a home she feels good about. We miss our home back in Monrovia like it was a member of the family. Bakersfield is still about as inviting as barbed-wire at times, but we have to make a home here. I have to provide this woman with some peaceful stability. She deserves so much...at the very least she should feel proud of her home.
So yeah, this move is a very good change of pace. I hope things keep looking up like they have. This is a really nice string of blessings that have come our way...
...I must have some rare jungle virus or something. Yeah, that's it.
April 12, 2004
我们移动...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment