April 7, 2004

That's my boy...



We have this neighborhood kid who comes over and plays with our children...

...well actually he just kind of stumbles into our yard and starts playing with their toys. Let's say he's not my favorite little munchkin from the street we live on. Well yesterday, Omar, decided he was gonna push my daughter over because he was in a bad mood.

Turns out Oliver didn't like this. He runs over to Omar and clobbers the kid while yelling "You don't hit Charlie!"

I tell you, my son figured that one out all by himself...and I couldn't be happier. Of course we immediately begin to tell Ollie that we don't hit, and we separate the kids. All the usual stuff. Meanwhile I'm trying to figure out how I can buy the kid a Ferrari or something for being the protector of his little sister. That was fantastic, little guy.

In about 2 years, he starts learning kung-fu. I've already planned his entire training arc, and plan to introduce him to Filipino and Brazilian martial arts sooner than I was, but start him off on Japanese and Chinese structured fighting styles to give him a solid foundation of working towards a set achievement. You know, belt systems and all that.

As for now though, he's my little badass and I just love it.

Of course, Charlie gets to learn all the nasty little tricks that Oliver will have to learn after he's ready for them. I don't want to load the kid with stuff like that until I know he can keep a cool head. Charlie however, yeah...she's gonna know how to make people beg for mercy by the time she''s in grade school. I know that's sexist, and all that...but I don't give a rats ass. Oliver can't be there all the time, so she's gonna be the toughest little princess ever unleashed on the male population.

Dude, I love being a dad! I get to screw em up exactly like I want!!!

No comments: