May 6, 2004

Gesundheit...oh that's your name?

If you've never heard of Dale Chihuly, you've missed out...



...fortunately people place his work prominently in museums and they take lots of pictures because this man is THE premiere glass blower of our age. His last name is pronounced "cha-hooley" (Irish, of course) and he's got an eye for color like you've never seen.



Actually, he only has one eye to begin with...and he kinda looks like a hobbit now that I think of it. Whatever...if you've ever been to the Bellagio, Vegas -- then chances are you've seen his work. I've been a big fan ever since I saw the PBS special on his work a few years back. The folks at PBS had been looking for subject matter that would show off the wonders of their very first HDTV broadcast...and they chose his works.

He's also a bit of a whore, so thankfully you can probably see his work at your local museum of fine art. I have a very specific vision and I know what I like. Chihuly glass is like a three dimensional representation of dreams and elation. I just love browsing through his gallery.

---> PS: his stuff makes kick-ass PC wallpaper too!