May 7, 2004

Manna from heaven...

Have I ever told you that I'm a Worl Class Chili Cook?



Seriously, I am. I think my favorite food on the planet it my chili. It all started when my parents were extremely busy around my early teens. Gone were the days of Dad being home early and Mom having dinner on the table at a certain hour. We had a lot of days where there were instructions stuck to the outside of the fridge, or a simple note saying "Fend for yourself!"

So I did.

Now, anyone who has ever seen me cook knows I can walk into just about anyone's kitchen and whip up something -- usually with ingredients they didn't know they had. I kind of started the whole Chili thing by doing just that and using what was available in a kitchen where shopping had been done without Chili in mind.

So yeah, my Chili has beans...you got a problem with that? Fine, be a freak. If you think that Chili is defined as a bowl of meat and spices then brother, you're missing out.

Hell, if beans bother you...my chili will send you running for the hills!

I've got a good 10 variations on it too:

Nuclear Chili
-- Pretty Hot
Defcon 3 Chili
-- You'll cry for Momma
Texas T Chili
-- Authentic Lone Star State batch...no beans for the babies
BBQ Sausage Chili
-- Crowd Favorite
Cajun Crocodile Chili
-- Hard to find the ingredients
Santa Fe Supreme Chili
-- The gayest thing I cook
Oinker Doinker Chili
-- With slow roasted pork shoulder
Smokey & The Bandit Chili
-- A kidney bean & Chili chuck base for police Chili cookoffs (cops love this)
BBQ Clucker Chili
-- with BBQ rubbed Chicken Breasts, shallots, and mushrooms
Clucker Pucker Chili
-- Lemon Pepper Roasted Chicken Breasts, & a LOT of secret spices


No comments: