July 26, 2004

Bummer...

So the cage match is off...

I got the e-mail the other day and finally confirmed it with a phone call this morning. The California State Athletic Commission has rejected our promoter request for a mixed martial arts competition in Bakersfield.

[sigh]

He says the commission is citing the same legal motions they've used to reject everyone else who's tried before, but the promoter thinks its pressure from the Indian gaming casinos -- who host lame Ultimate Fighting Championship rip-offs nearly once a month.

Either way, I'm more upset about this than I expected to be. I was REALLY looking forward to this tournament. I suppose I got a little too used to smacking people around while working at "The Matrix" before I moved up here. I had a steady stream of idiots who needed some lessons in manners...it was great.

I suppose I should be happy about this since I wasn't in the best of shape for the event. I usually prefer that I stick to less than 3 matches a day, but this was a 2 day event with as many as 6 matches in one day. (Could be one of the reasons the commission rejected it too) In the end, I think I'm just gonna go back on the Atkins diet like I was before I started training.

Hell, it was like a BBQ festival -- and I lost weight! Yeah, that's what I'll do.




No comments: