So I had to stay an extra day up north to finish up some work.
This trip was really fun because I got to go even further north than usually do. These pictures are of Mono Lake located about 60 miles north of Mammoth Mountain. I was driving along to a job when this gorgeous deep blue (and pretty damn big) body of water just swept all the rocky browns and summer dried grass of the Great Basin into oblivion.
The roads around it take you right to its edge, and if you're heading northbound past the lake you take a steep climb up a ridge that constantly keeps the lake in view. Turns out its so full of alkali that it could kill you if you took a drink, but hey it sure as hell looks nice in the middle of a mountainous desert!
Either way, I'm just finishing up some tweaks on a system here in the Bishop main office, and then I'm heading home. I was hoping to get back to the office today so I could handle some of the important projects that need to be done, but unfortunately my partner in crime, Santos, is heading out of town early for his vacation. I really need him to get the job done, so that idea got tossed for now.
I only have a little window of time to get our main servers swapped out. It has to be done on a weekend when everyone else is out of the office. On top of that, it has to be done within this month because our main bean counter is heading off for her month-long vacation in August.
Ack!
I really hope I get all this done soon. Kay and her folks want to throw a big yard sale with all of our stuff from storage and their stuff from the remodel they've been doing. Of course, the yard sale will be on a weekend as well, so this window of opportunity is getting smaller by the second.
Okay, the files have downloaded. Off to Bakersfield.
July 10, 2004
Saturday snoozer...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment