We had fun!
Go figure, the class of 1994 was full of people who didn't show up but for the most part, I think Kayla had a good time. Once she found an outfit she liked, things seemed to turn for the good on her end. We spent the evening exchanging baby pictures and stories and for the most part, enjoyed the music and food.
My only gripe comes from my tightwad nature. The reunion committee gathered $100 bucks per alumnus, to fund the event. They merely rented a ballroom in a modest hotel in Bakersfield, blew up some school color balloons, fed us an appetizer-sized meal, and...played some music. Sixty people RSVP'd at the $100 rate. (That equals six grand for you kids counting at home.)
Okay so $6000 bucks and you can't put up an open bar? Are you kidding me?
I'm not exactly looking for the bender to end all benders here, but Í find myself surrounded by a bunch of people who, for the most part, haven't seen each other since graduation. These people went through high school together. That's a lot of drama...yeah, I wanted an open bar for my hunsky.
Either way, I'm very happy Kayla went. I think she felt very bothered by this "milestone" in her life. She thinks she's somehow old by being 28. I don't understand this one, but I try to be there as best I can.
It helps when most of her former classmates seem like dorks though.
August 1, 2004
Post Reunion: the report...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment