Rodney Dangerfield
1922 - 2004
I haven't spoken to my wife in years. I didn't want to interrupt her.
A girl phoned me the other day and said "Come on over, there's nobody home." I went over. Nobody was home.
I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet.
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out.
- More quotations on:
My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met.
My wife is always trying to get rid of me. The other day she told me to put the garbage out. I said to her I already did. She told me to go and keep an eye on it.
My wife's jealousy is getting ridiculous. The other day she looked at my calendar and wanted to know who May was.
When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
I get no Respect, I tell ya...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I still remember the first time I saw "Back to School". The Triple Lindie, will forever be a part of my vocabulary. I just recently got to buy it on DVD, and watched it as soon as I could. When I heard the news of his death, it wasn't a terrible shock because of his reported illness..but that doesn't make it any easier.
The man who spurred the career's of a significant portion of our most famous comics today, has been respected in his late years as a walking legend. I've been told many times that I make wisecracks like his. I take that as a serious compliment. That man was really damn funny.
October 7, 2004
In Memory...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment