So if you listen to radio, you've heard Anna Nalick.
But, you've probably never seen her till now. Her single "Breathe (2AM)" is the most overplayed single on my local adult contemporary station, and has probably had a heavy rotation on yours for well over 6 months now. Her album just hit stores this week though, and they only recently began playing her video on television. The first time I heard the single, I was very impressed with her folk inspired pop, witty lines, and great voice. I wasn't necessarily blown away, but I knew before the song was over that she was very talented.
Then I heard it for the nine thousandth time; still not too bad.
What I wasn't expecting, because I'm clichéd AND rude...well okay I should explain. When you hear her sing, you can tell immediately that she's very talented, but the single makes her sound a little like a wallflower. It has deeply emotional undertones and even admits that it's urequited love theme, is a slice from her personal memoirs. Okay that said, imagine what would you think some young folksy female singer/songwriter of this caliber would look like?
Exactly.
Well imagine my suprise, and I would bet a lot of people will be surprised in time, when you see that she is stunningly beautiful. C'mon, they don't usually make pretty things this talented. I'm not the only one who thinks so, cut me some slack. Besides, think of what a REAL compliment it is that she sounds so good, that I assumed she was ugly as sin.
Okay, I should actually admit I always had a thing for Velma, and the girl in the pic is adorable if you asked me, but then again, nerdy lesbians in kneesocks are so hot -- who wouldn't think so?!
April 26, 2005
I'm clichéd AND rude...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment