May 17, 2005

Darth Vader's Blog...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
No, you heard me right. The Dark Lord has a weblog. Seriously.

Read "Parenting 101" at any cost. It's gold.

May 18th UPDATE:

This blog has ended, smartly. It's been a remarkable thing to follow, and I will miss reading it daily. It took an inherently silly premise -- a supervillain with common, trivial complaints (really a parody of blogs themselves) -- and it gradually morphed into a smart, and surprisingly moving piece of fiction.

The author has made the experience of Star Wars even richer for me. I know that might sound strange to someone who doesn't understand how an archetypical epic drama set in "space" could become as loved as classical literature, but it's as if someone took Dante's Inferno and made it even better.

Seriously.

I've been a cynic. I've been a critic, and I've been a naysayer. I've doubted Geroge Lucas at every turn since Jar Jar Binks, and now I can say I'm excited about the Star Wars universe again. Whatever Episode III has to offer me, this little blog has rounded "the villan to end all villans", into a character that leaps off the screen and demands your attention. I'm a Star Wars fan again. I feel like I did before Episode I came out.

Thank you Matthew. I'm sure you could improve as an author in some ways, sure. Your bravery however, is titanic. You knew how fanatical we can be about these characters, and regardless of why you did it -- this little project of yours touched us.

Dude, I so wanna see Episode III now!

No comments: