March 8, 2006

Do the math in your head...

Take 1000 and add 40 to it. Now add another 1000. Now add 30. And another 1000. Now add 20. Now add another 1000. Now add 10. What is the total?
Answer

Today I scored a personal best on the Stanford-Binet 5 IQ test, of 184!! With age, comes wisdom indeed! When I was a teenager, I jumped out of my seat when I scored in the 160's. What really cracks me up however, is that the more tests I take, the more I see that the people who decide what IQ levels mean, have all decided that spatial ability, memory, and pattern recognition are more important than anything else.

I disagree, and sheepishly have to admit its why I score so much higher than people who are OBVIOUSLY smarter than me (You know who you are). I can see patterns, crunch geometric shapes, angle relations, and follow flowcharts like it was breathing...but if you give me a verbal brain teaser, I might look like a fool. Hell, I can barely balance a checkbook and even though I have an engineering background in technology I couldn't program my VCR for years.

Damn flashing 12:00...

But then again, my simple solution of electrical tape eliminating the annoying blip could be considered genius by some!

No comments: