March 15, 2006

What's cookin...

Okay so there are a lot of things going on around here.

My mother flew in from Texas for a month, and it's been a delight having her out. I'm pretty sure I have her addicted to my kids, so repeat visits should follow. The weather has been wild as hell, and I told Mom I blamed her for it. She brought continued rainstorms, hail, and snow...only to have Houston drop down to 5% humidity.

That's right, 5% humidity in Houston, Texas. So apparently my mother is like an indian rain totem or something. She brings the rain. Go figure.

On top of that, I've been knee deep in something I haven't written about. At first I was concerned that if I wrote about it, and it didn't come to pass, it would just be another one of those examples of me chatting up about something that didn't become a reality. But screw it, I'm excited about it.

A while back I decided that I was going to change my career. IT has been good to me (sorta) but with the way it's been lately, I'm just gonna call it quits. I've decided to follow my true passion and become a professional Graphic Artist and Photographer. I've been doing it as a side gig for 5 years now, and it's where my true abilities are anyway. I've always been a pretty average IT guy, but I excel in creative work, so I began to look into making it official and finish a degree in the field.

I stumbled across the Brooks Institute of Photography a few months back but didn't think too much about it. I knew it was one of the premiere visual communications schools in the US, but I also knew that it was extremely expensive so I had my doubts. Well, I got my acceptance letter this week and if I can find a place for us all to live around Santa Barbara...then I'm going.

I'm just not sure how it's all gonna work. Kayla and I are going to take a road trip down to a town called Carpenteria (between Ventura and Santa Barbara) to look for apartments this week I hope. When I get more info, I'll post it...but as for now, I'm just so excited I got in; now I gotta find a way to make it happen. Wish me luck.

By the way, here are some snapshots of the kids.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Oliver the wonderkid.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
She dresses herself, thank you very much.

No comments: