
I was talking to a friend of mine online the other day, and I casually mentioned this fantastic movie. For some reason, I assume everyone knows this gem of a film from the 90's -- but most of the time, they don't have any idea what I'm talking about. (Much like said friend)
Okay, it does come out of left field, and really isn't what you're expecting. But I love that. The most memorable movie experiences come from being surprised if you ask me. If you haven't been tipped off about the mysterious thing that makes these brothers so odd...you're in for a treat.
The cast is fantastic, but not stretching so much that it's palpable. The special effects come out of nowhere (seriously, it's like an oddly dark romantic comedy until they do -- then WOW!) and they're great. The overall cinematography is easy on the eyes, the editing and sound are of a good quality, and the twisted story unfolds without clichés. While none of these aspects individually make it a blockbuster, the "what the hell?" factor ALONE makes it a film treasure.
It's one of those often-overlooked flicks of the 90's that you've either never heard of, or love so much you jump at the mention of its title. Go out and get this one on DVD, and when you find it -- PLEASE pick me up a copy because I can't find it!
March 18, 2006
Wilder Napalm....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment