April 6, 2006

Can you smell what my neighbor is cookin???

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
So apparently my next door neighbor decided to cook some french fries in hot oil...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
...and then took a nap...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
...then she woke up, and tossed the hot oil into a sink of cold water.

Everything is fine in our unit. Their kitchen was gutted, but none of the damage came over to my unit (that we can tell) and my kids were at their grandmothers house when it all happened.

Of course, my dear sweet mother, who I flew out a month ago to visit was here all alone. The neighbor came beating on the door screaming: "This place is gonna blow up". It probably wouldn't have freaked my mother out so much if Kayla and I hand't had a long discussion with my mother LAST NIGHT where we explained to her how meth labs are a problem in Bakersfield, and that they blow up real good.

(sigh)

Either way, Mom called BFD, and they showed up in minutes. The fire was contained and the apartment sustained minimal damage, so it won't be a long expensive renovation. When Kay and I showed up, I snapped these pics. I was running out of battery power, so my flash didn't work -- but then again I didn't really pay attention. Okay so to recap. My wife and kids are okay. My Mother is baking brownies for Engine Company 7 of the Bakersfield Fire Department, and my stuff ain't crispy.

Oh, and BFD freakin rocks. Go Engine 7!

No comments: