Wow, check out the new teaser trailer for Batman Returns!
(My geek sense is tingling)
I should say that both of the previous films terrified me, because I am a True Believer through and through. I love Spidey so much and got so much from it as a kid. Hell, I still do. When I heard Sandman was gonna be in this flick, I flipped out. One of the most awesome villans for the webhead...but then I saw the black suit.
SPOILER ALERT!
DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER
IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE COMIC
AND DON'T KNOW THIS STORY LINE!
(highlight the text to read)
DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER
IF YOU DIDN'T READ THE COMIC
AND DON'T KNOW THIS STORY LINE!
(highlight the text to read)
Yeah okay, we know the original storyline from the comic had Spider-Man get the alien symbiote while in outer space, fighting in the Secret Wars. I know it sounds weird, but come on he got the thing back in the 80's, when Spider-Man went to places like Mars for a weekend. Just go with it. It was cool.
Besides, why are you reading this if you didn't already know that? HUH? Seriously, don't screw up the movie for yourself.
Oh well, you were warned.
The thing that bothers me is that there's no way to fit this much storyline into one film. I mean, unless they're seriously considering a 4th movie....maybe a 5th...the story of Venom and what he represents to Spidey is WAY too much to consume without chopping the story to pieces.
But then again, I said the same thing before both films came out. This is the same group of people who have made my two favorite movies of all time (yeah, I said that. you heard me) so maybe I should have more faith.
NOTE: Yes, I understand I said "Batman Returns". The Dark Knight anyone? Is this thing on? Hello? Obviously Cryptic + Nerdy = -50 BP. (Brain Points.)

No comments:
Post a Comment