September 4, 2003

Mary Jane, where are you?...

"The only reason that cocaine is such a rage today is because
people are too dumb and too lazy to get themselves together
and roll a joint."
- Jack Nicholson

Okay, I have these two guys who insist on getting high all the time. They're auto technicians in my service department, and their lunch breaks usually MAKE them hungry as opposed to satisfying their hunger.

Now, It's important to stress that they are terribly good at their jobs and never work when they're stoned. I am not so foolish however, as to just turn a blind eye to the problem of narcotics being physically inside the dealership. This could be a big problem for us and I have to put an end to it because my boss has decided I'm really good at things like this.

No I'm not.

Either way, it started up a debate inside the senior manager meeting regarding the legalization of marijuana. It all started with one of the guys saying "Well you know, I don't want these guys being bummed out that they can't smoke here. They're really good and they work cheap." Which of course was rebuked loudly by people with reason. Then he brought up how he wished pot was legal so this was a moot point.

And thats when it started.

Now, I have heard this one tossed around a lot lately. I don't personally smoke pot. This is mostly because I stopped all narcotic use after college (or at least pretty soon thereafter) and haven't really had a reason for them since. You always need speed in college, and if you didn't smoke weed you simply wouldn't remember to eat because you're studying so hard. Oh, and lets not forget those LSD inspired philosophy essay's. Those are golden my friends, and shouldn't be passed up in those formitive years.

Either way, I don't smoke pot anymore but I don't really bash people who do. Mind you, I do bash people who break the law because its all about decision making. I am a very judgemental person when it comes to the decision making abilities of others...as I think we all should be.

Wouldn't you decide not to fly in a plane with a pilot who decided to drink beforehand? Aren't you more concerned with the fact that he would DECIDE to drink before flying the plane than the fact that he did drink? Aren't his decision making qualities suspect moreso that his current state of inebreation?

They are with me, thats for sure. It's why I pre judge ex-cons and thugs. I determine they made bad decisions based on their past, and they have to step up and prove to me they can be trusted with decision making. I consider the ability to make decisions an EARNED right, as opposed to an inaleable one.

This is why I am pissed at my service guys. The decision to smoke on the lot is WAY more on my shit list than the pot itself. I don't want them getting pinched by the police of course, but I don't want them getting pinched on the lot way more.

The shortest distance between two points is always under construction, so I'm gonna have to go round about with this one and tell the guys they need to smoke up off site and make sure they never have any weed on them when they come in. This doesn't sound like rocket science here, and I don't think the guys are gonna be anything but a little embarrased that I had to call em on it, but the easy way would just be to say "Don't smoke pot here" and be done with it. I have to make sure, for the sake of the service department, that I can slide this baby in half and keep them stoned but just not on site.

It just sounds stupid to me. I'm so gonna eat them for breakfast if they even think of giving me any lip. Of course, I'll probably get a contact high just standing around them long enough to tell em.

Sheesh.

No comments: