So I'm sitting around today kinda fuming.
It's not gonna sound possible, but the automotive witch-doctor struck again yesterday, crippling my car with yet another flat tire! I have decided to delve through my past and see if I can strike up some memory of when I could have possibly pissed this voodoo nazi off. Apparently whatever I did, I seriously sent him/her into a nuclear meltdown of rage, because this is now the fourth flat in 3 months.
It kind of delayed my trip a few (4) hours, but that was because Pep Boys, while having a very convenient service system (on the surface) seems to suffer from early morning management problems; none of the mechanics show up on time, and none of the managers seemed too pressed to get them in. I suppose the wait wasn't so bad really since I got to read a little, but the thing that drove me insane was this one lady and her two kids.
Now, I have kids. I also have a whole gaggle of nephews and nieces. I can not, and will not ever stand for people who assume it's acceptable to just let your kids scream, flop all over the floor like a fish out of water, and pitch a fit like an epileptic on a sugar high. It's extremely rude, even if your kids are tired, have been out for hours, or whatever bullshit excuse you want to give them is in effect.
It's not the kids we're pissed at lady, it's you.
Grow a pair and manage those little demon spawns. Take them outside, and have a discussion with them. Threaten to cut off their limbs with a dull spoon if you have to but shut them the fuck up! Maybe 10 minutes of a fit is acceptable. Maybe a few defiant outbursts, or a handful of "No!" and "Get back over here!" outbursts are okay...maybe.
But letting your kids sit there and just be a holy raging terror for like 2 hours, with a handful of 30 minute uninterrupted screaming fits? I don't think so. Most of the time, I get extremely vocal about shit like this but having kids of my own I gave her the benefit of the doubt that something really terrible had her mind elsewhere, because there is no way in hell she was just ignoring the problem at hand.
Okay, I'm gonna go drink some chocolate milk or something. I need to be careful not to just blog about people who piss me off. Believe me, I could make an entire rant blog if I tried. Be back in a few.
October 8, 2003
Grumble, complain, @!%&$!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment