October 6, 2003

B-Town Livin...

Okay, so Bakersfield is pretty much like I remembered: slow.

This is mostly because I am not doing much at the moment. I have really been enjoying the sleep, relaxation, and genral state of calm I've been getting. Oliver and Charlie have been such a delight to be around. You know, my kids are just fantastic. If you have children you know what I mean. There are times when I just want to explode because I am so happy to see them smile.

We took the kids to the Kern County faire over the weekend, and had some good times. Oliver is JUST about an inch shorter than the minimum height for the rides, but they let him ride a handful of the slower ones.

He was alive with laughter, and seemed as if he could fly.

My son makes me feel like a better human being at times. Kayla has done a tremendous job with the day-to-day raising of our son. He can be a 2 year old pain in the ass sure, but generally he's just a real hoot to play with.

And teaching him how to hit on girls is a blast.

"What's shakin' baby?"
"Helloooooooooooo NURSE!"
"Hey pretty momma!"

Needless to say, I am teaching him how to say things that will make really cute girls melt and wanna come over and kiss him. This works very well for both of us, because generally they have to bend over to reach him.

I'm tellin' ya, kids are great.

No comments: