October 2, 2003

Tastes great, less drilling...

Okay, sorry I left the whole "Shitcanned" post so short and sweet.

Dipshit was being a dickhead and was trying to have the systems administrator suspend my networking account as I was cleaning out my office. Turns out, Dipshit forgot I happen to be an IT pro who knows his shit. I kept the account viable long enough to back up my personal stuff, burn it to some CD's, and enact my revenge.

(grin)

While having plausible deniability is a good thing, I'll just say that at some point in the next few weeks they're gonna be very sorry they decided to fuck me over like that.

I want to thank all of you who have flooded my email box with good wishes. I'm a big ole burly guy from Texas and y'all punched me in a soft spot when you did that. I was not expecting the level of anger and suprise you showed, but appreciate every one of you very much. Please do me a favor, no pipe bombs please.

Sheesh, I should probably remove that link at the top left shouldn't I?

As for me, I'm actually doing terribly well. As per the terms of me leaving the company, I got a nice little upfront severance package, along with some paperwork that lets me pull unemployment for a bit. I'm not big on using government funds like that but I have paid my taxes for years and worked my ass off...I can have some of that come back to me for a few weeks; i'm taking a much needed vacation. In reality, I now have a greenlight to spend some more time with my wife and kids, so I'm as happy as a clam.


So here I am, unemployed, full of free time, piss and vinegar, and what do I do?

I sleep of course.

Okay, so I'm moving to Bakersfield for a little bit. Maybe a few months, who knows. I have missed my family so much, and I am tired of reintroducing myself to my kids every time I see them. If I pick up my daughter one more time, only to have her cry because she doesn't know the stranger holding her, I will go bug-nuts.

So yeah, I'm leaving LA for a little bit, tomorrow morning. This is not a permanent move...and should be stressed. My wife and I do not like that town and have no intentions of making it our home. It's boring as hell, the weather isn't that great, and it's kinda infested with Okies.

I'm also gonna take a little trip to Texas. I have got to introduce my parents to their granddaughter, and oddly enough, after 6 years together with Kayla, our parents haven't ever met each other. We're gonna pile em all up in an RV, drive back home to the Lone Star State, and do a big ol' howdy do.

I'm not kidding, this is really fantastic. It's amazing how unscheduled unemployment can translate into such things. Don't worry I have no intentions to discontinue blogging, and in fact, this will afford me the opportunity to really get after it. I intend to begin sharing some really funny stories here, so keep an eye open for some of the "greatest hits" collection; coming soon.

Thanks again for all the concern, I'm doing really well. I'll pick up something better soon, and everything will be fine. Till then, remember:

"In Italy, for only 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did they produce...? The cuckoo clock."- Orson Welles

No comments: