February 11, 2004

Grunt, snore, drool....

We hates morningses, yes we do.

Stinking nasty morningses makes us all cranky and dumb after a fitful night of those fiwthy little toddlersss! Stinky, messy, hungry little toddlersss!!!

2:00 AM: Charlie Time

The kid has a HUGE future in the military or as someone who charges by the hour. (man that could go either way) What I mean is that Charlie girl, my adorable little daughter has this amazing ability to wake up at 2:00 AM....

...No matter what.

Now every parent knows their kids wake up in the night, but Charlie has skills. She wakes up at 2:00 AM. Give or take 5 minutes tops, people. She's up and she's hungry. I've begun to establish an autopilot with this like I did with our son Oliver. When he was born I was terrified every time he wasn't breathing hard enough for me to hear. I would dash the 2 feet to his cradle just to check and see if he was okay at the slightest sound.

Eventually I chilled out, and moved on. Ollie slept through the night nearly every night. The kid would even sleep in often. Do you know what Mommy and Daddy get to do on a morning like that???

(Sigh)

So yeah, my daughter munches at 2:00 AM -- and now Oliver has begun to get a little jealous of it. So he climbs into bed sometime around 4:00 am or so. Sometimes 6:00. This always ends up with some little person shoving a foot into Mommy's face, or pinching something very soft with any of the countless weapons a toddler has at their disposal.

And the sleep is becoming a rare commodity.

Kayla does better on less sleep than I do. I used to be able to up and run around on a few hours no prob. Hell, if I am away from the kids on a trip or something, I can do this easily. For some odd reason, they just keep me from really snoozing off into real sleep. I always feel like I need an extra 3 hours when I wake up.

And it makes me feel bad. I mean, my kids are so damn adorable. And my son Oliver is trying to be a good boy. He constantly gets in trouble over silly little things and I don't like sending him to bed...because he's never happy about it anymore. I would love to have them in bed with me.

But Daddy has the hots for Mommy, and I can not wait to get my ass back in gear and get them a bedroom!!!

Okay, boring parent talk has concluded.

No comments: