"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning."
- Aristotle Onassis
You know, I'm married to a woman who can turn you into a real man, turn you on a dime, and turn you on like nobody's business.
I'm happy to be a red-blooded American guy. I take a lot of pride in the culture I've been raised in because it eventually granted me with the greatest gift I could have ever hoped for.
You see, I was raised in a society that sets demands for men be attracted to very specific things. These things can vary some according to taste, but for the most part they set up some poor sucker for a lifetime of searching for this superwoman. They're on a grand chase for some elusive siren they've dreamed about since they came of age, and yet every loser out there has thought he loved her at least once. Even if men love 'em and leave em all the time, they press on. It drives men to poetry, war and art. The churning desire that can fuel a man to find this Holy Grail, has been the stuff that moves history.
Too bad they'll never find her 'cuz she's mine.
But you know, that's okay. I mean...it's a dirty job, but someone has to do it. After all, If I didn't keep the greatest woman on the planet happy, this world would fall apart. Now, aren't you happy I'm the luckiest guy in the world?
Yeah screw you too, buddy. She's mine.
(getting to the point)
This Leap-Year, February 29th, 2004...will be our first anniversary.
Yeah sure we've been married 4 years, but that's the point. This is the first 29th we've had since we said "I do", and looking back I'm so happy she said yes on that Christmas morning.
My wife has been the most enriching thing I have ever experienced in my life. She has led me to an entirely fresh existence, and blessed me with two exceptional children. She can make me laugh, cry, and live -- abundantly -- at the drop of a hat.
I am so lucky to have her.
Do yourself a favor if you're one of those single people looking for the perfect soul mate...stop looking for it.
The concept is born of a romantic era that is no more. It limits you to believe the dogma of someone else. You are a complete human being, so just be. When you find someone you love, don't buy into the line that the person "completes" you.
Rather, look to see if this person makes being you , even better. See if this person enriches your life, instead of being your life. Then, and I believe, only then...will you find what I have found. I trust Kayla with my very soul, and I know she loves me with all of hers.
Pardon the sap, but my cup is pretty full at the moment.
February 28, 2004
Have you seen my love?...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment