March 31, 2004

I don't get around much anymore...

"If the world were perfect it wouldn't be."
- Yogi Berra

You know, the man has a point. Yogi-ism aside, the world isn't perfect -- and there are times I wouldn't have it any other way.

Today for example, was one of those days where you do a lot, and yet, accomplish very little. I mean, we did get a few connectivity issues handled, but for the most part the day went by like a fart in the wind. On the days when every system is crashing or some idiot 200+ miles away forgot to plug in his new machine -- yeah I would kill for a day like this.

But sure enough, you drop me in the middle of a slow day and all I want is a little catastrophe to keep me busy.

I'm hoping (sheesh, that's scary) that all these "Penis Enlargement" e-mails become a Trojan virus outbreak tomorrow so I can get my hands dirty...

...with work I mean. Whatever.

The e-mails however are kind of funny. For a little over a week, our business email accounts have been flooded with spam. From what I can tell, about 1 out of every 10 messages has a virus embedded in them, and damn near every one of them is about Viagra or Penis Enlargement. Everyone has been asking me what it's all about, and my boss used the whole thing to try and pull a fast one on me in a staff meeting. He pulls me aside right as I'm discussing the issue and whispers in my ear;

"Dude, I didn't tell you that was my side business?!"

He damn near had me I tell ya. Damn near.

So I'm hoping tomorrow has something interesting going on. As you can tell from yesterday's posts, it was pretty much the same day. A whole lot of nothing. On a side note, my boss invited me to a local Hockey game. I'm taking Kay and our buddy Dave, so I think it'll be fun. The local team is called the Condors. They used to be named "The Fog", in honor of the nearly impenetrable mist that can descend on this city and make travel dangerous -- hell near impossible.

I don't think I've been to a Hockey game since moving to California, so this should be really cool.

No comments: