So Kayla and I went to see the Barenaked Ladies in Los Angeles over the weekend.
THAT was one of the best live performances I have ever seen in my life, and I've seen some of the best for sure. Before the guys started the show they ran a funny video clip of Ed making a giant (a full loaf) jelly sandwich and Kevin eating the damn thing. Then they kicked off the show with the guys from Red vs. Blue setting up a HALO spoof of the band.
Absolutely hilarious stuff. They rip game engines and make little movies. You have to check it out.
So either way, concert runs like a dream come true. Kayla and I really love this band, and pardon the cheesy line, but their music is the soundtrack of our lives. They really mean something to us. We've taken every road trip with them on the radio. We play their albums whenever we can, and sometimes when we shouldn't. Hell, this runs back to when she and I were still dating and I got her "Stunt" for Christmas.
We've just always had BNL running in the background.
So suffice to say, we were pretty stoked to see the band, and when the curtain finally lifted we were on cloud nine. A band with 7 or so albums, and fans like us who love EVERY song on them...well that makes for a big anticipation with the end of each song. You're always asking "What's next?" Well, BNL couldn't have treated us any better. They played some of Kayla's absolute fav's, and these are songs that aren't even the singles you would expect.
I could go on and on for hours here. Just make sure to go grab their last 3 albums: Stunt, Maroon, and Everything to Everyone. Listen to them over and over...then catch them live somewhere. Just do it. Your life will change for the better.
March 20, 2004
OMG, they're not naked!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment