March 17, 2004

Say what???

A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away....

...I used to to run a nightclub.



The Matrix, in Brea California was a very cool place to drink, dance, and party hearty with the only chicks who matter; big girls.

Yes, I was a promoter for a nightclub that catered to plus sized women. To some, this may seem innovative and new, but to me it's been done a few times. In fact, the only reason I ran my own was because the people who ran one in the nightclub I was handling security for...well I thought they kind of sucked.

I knew I could do better, and ended up making a nightclub that I felt was WAY cooler.

Problem is, after a while the owner of the club sold it off for an ungodly amount of money (The location was to die for) so we had to close up shop. None of us held it against him, I mean there were more zeroes on that check than I usually see...it was a sweet deal.

Either way, the whole taking over the nightclub thing and starting my own gig started a lot of drama, and introduced me to a sub-culture of people who bicker, backstab, and literally fuck each other at every opportunity. I loved it, of course.

Now that I have moved to Bakersfield, and appear to have settled in enough to look for fun side-projects...I yearn for big butts shaking all night to funky grooves. Of course, I get the hottest gal all to myself on a regular basis, but even Kayla misses it a lot. Hell, she and I loved that business. The money wasn't all that great but we really enjoyed it.

And I racked up a reputation as the cassanova of the BBW community. That was funny.



So it's funny how when she and I start to talk about starting up a new one, and just days ago my buddy, and partner in nightclub crime, Tim (the guy in the pic next to me) began hinting that HE wanted to start up a new one...I get an e-mail from some schlub who wants me to talk to him about taking over a BBW club in LA. Apparently he's the ex of the woman who runs the affair, and he has some "secrets" that could remove her from power.

A club run by the same people I kicked out of my club a year before.

Yeah, sure bub. I wanna go do all that bullshit with all those bullshitters. I don't think so.

So yeah, either way I think I'll pass and look to opening up my own here in town. The people who know about all the mess the Matrix and Butterfly lounge ran into during the transition, will probably find that really funny too. You know who you are.

(insert sound of me laughing my ass off)

Jesus, It's so nice to be looking back at these people, still living their little lives...and laughing at them with pity. Good lord, people are lame.

No comments: