So while my partner in crime, Santos, and I are out on a service call this morning, he decides to disregard that I'm a big-ole corn-fed country boy...and pick up a 700i series printer all by himself.
Now mind you, this might be my fault.
I had been lifting and carrying these things all over this huge office building from the moment we got on location. Of course, I do this because I'm the new guy and while Santos is cool and doesn't feel the need forunnecessaryy hazing or any breaking-in period, I plan to haze the bejesus out of the next flunkie we pick up, so yeah I'm payin' my dues.
That and as I said before, I'm a freakin hoss...people expect folks like me to carry the heavy stuff. So long story short, Santos suddenly seems very uncomfortable and really can't find any way to sit or stand that stops the pain. After about an hour, we rush him back to the office and then the hospital where it is determined he has either severely pulled a muscle in his lower back or maybe even pinched one of those tender nerves located around L4 to L5.
(ouch)
So yeah, he's out for the rest of the week, so I'm the go-to guy till he's operational. I sure hope we don't have anything come up that I haven't received training on (pretty much everything) because I would really hate to look like an ass when my first long-term test comes up.
Yeah, and I'm gonna be in LA from the 16th till the 22nd. Santos will have to get back to work by then or we're screwed!
(happy, happy joy, joy!)
May 11, 2004
One, two, ouch!...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment