It takes one woman nine months to have a baby, no matter how many men you put on the job.
So I'm sitting here waiting for some telecom guys to finish installing and patching the network ports for my customer. I'm at the same location as yesterday, you know when Santos snapped his back in half, and now I think I'm gonna suffer a work related injury myself: Acute Boredom.
This is one of our biggest clients (hell, look at the $$$ in this room) so going the extra mile is just what needs to be done. We've installed about 8 new machines here, and a small enterprise service platform print server (i.e. a little doohickey that makes all the printers play nice) over the last two days...and I was all prepared to finish the job when I encountered an unexpected error.
Now the Canon guys swear they've never seen this issue, which means I am obligated to rule out every possible thing that could be the problem. This involves everything from user settings to making sure that a butterfly doesn't flap his wings too hard in a Borneo rain forest...might just cause the server to crash.
@!%$&!¿é
The big pain in the ass is that I was JUST about to finish when I suddenly noticed that Santos didn't have a specific cable in his notebook PC bag. I had to run to the office and grab one. Only minutes away mind you, but the moment I walked back into the clients' lan room it was full of people dismantling the rack my PSA is installed on.
Oh well, as soon as these monkeys finish crimping the lines, and my style, I can get back to work.
May 12, 2004
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment