July 16, 2004

On the road again...again...

So something shocked me even more than this picture today...
 

 
I found a WiFi hotzone in Bishop!!!
 
No kidding, I was driving along and my notebook gave me a wireless network alarm (thank you Dell) I pulled over to find a snazzy open broadband connection right behind a old building along Main St.
 
Go figure.
 
I think I'm gonna skin someone for sending me up here for no reason. Turns out none of the customers that "urgently" needed to be networked, were even in a position to have an IT guy come in and network their new machines. One location was still drywalling their new building! They didn't even have a network to start with. I'm sitting here waiting for an appointment to see one of them who swears she'll have everything done by 2:00 pm.
 
We'll see. 
  
 
5:14 PM
>> Epilogue: Yeah the customer wasn't done. I'm still here crimping cables and doing crap I shouldn't have to because a salesperson can't pull his head out of his ass. Fun, fun, fun.

No comments: