July 7, 2004

Take me out to the ballgame...

So my father, my kid brother Shane, and his new wife Shannon went out to Minute Maid park, in Houston a few weeks back. As a kid, my old man and I used to love heading out to the Astrodome and watching a good Astros game. Hell, we'd even enjoy a lousy Astros game. Baseball was a wonderful way for my Dad and I to really get some personal time when I was young, since he spent so much time at work back then.



I was really happy to hear that my old man has enough free time to hang out with the Astros for Father's day, but immediately got jealous when he sent the following damn picture.



Yes, that IS Roger Clemens, aka "The Rocket" standing with my old man and kid brother...and yes they are on the field hanging out with the team. Oh, and yeah...those ballplayers were signing everything they could get their hands on.

Yeah, buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jacks, Dad....you know, the ones signed by Craig Biggio? Stuff like this makes me so homesick!

PS: Dude, I need to teach my brother how to smile. He looks like he just polished off 3 chili-dogs and a chocolate cake, for christ sake!

No comments: