September 10, 2004

It's not a toomah...

My plan worked! Now that big Austrian is campaigning for me!!!

Yeah, so Arnold Schwarzenegger is cool.

I don't care if you're a Republican conserva-dork, or a flaming liberal weenie -- you gotta love this guy. He sports more charisma and good old fashioned "Hey check me out" factor that just about anyone.

His trip to Bakersfield accomplished a lot for his party, but I would say damn near everyone there was just wanting to see the guy. I mean, it's the Terminator for christsake. I said it over a year ago, and I was right. People get caught up in the fact that it's him. He won the election because people gave into the urge to say "Governor Schwarzenegger" and mean it. The novelty vote worked.

And it worked on me too.

I was really excited to meet the guy. He's a whole hell of a lot shorter than I expected, and I remember seeing him at a distance in a Houston airport a few years back. He also has very small hands for the size of his arms. They seem kinda funny. Overall though, he was great and his speech was really damn funny.

He's right off the heels of his Republican National Convention speech where reports are that he held that entire crowd in the palm of his hands. I'm telling you, we're just one constitutional amendment away from allowing someone outside this country to run for President.

You watch, it'll happen. Didn't you see Demolition Man?

No comments: