So apparently one of John Kerry's campaign employees started up this thing called Texans for Truth. They claim to have found a document that proves Bush was AWOL for his Texas Air National guard duties, and have provided it for inspection.
Apparently they shouldn't have.
Turns out the guys who fabricated the thing, seem to have forgotten that typewriters in the 70's had a limited (something like eleven) number of typeface options. Even international typewriters stuck to nearly the same font and structure. They also didn't have superscript options (the "th" in 187th was superscripted).
Apparently they were also written using a proportional typeface, where letters take up variable space according to their size, rather than fixed-pitch typeface used on typewriters, where each letter is allotted the same space. Proportional typefaces are available only on word-processing technology. Typewriters from the 70's were just shy of that ability.
Now, I personally don't give a rip about Bush or Kerry's military service, but I have to admit that at least the Republicans know how to fake documents. I mean hell, working in the car business it was regular operating procedure for my employers to come to me for fuzzy documentation. You should see some of my Social Security cards, paystubs, marriage certificates, and my occasional notarized, raised surface & embossed, Federal or State documents. Those are posh if I do say so myself.
I suppose I take certain things for granted like the knowledge of typesetting options and print outputs. Color gradation and paper stock options. I would assume if you're gonna fabricate something to discredit the President of the United States, you would at least call on someone like me to do it.
Seems like the Democrats just outsourced it to India or something. Typical.
September 10, 2004
C'mon flyboy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment