September 13, 2004

Sharp shiny objects...

sometimes I just stab people, I don't know why - Insane Clown

Arrrgh!

So apparently two customers who we've been bending over backwards for -- have decided to pitch a fit because their IT people suck rhino nuts and can't integrate our software into their networks without some work.

I blame AOL and their plug N'play-ishness with American software users. Everyone thinks you just pop in a CD and BAM...the world at your fingertips.

(insert sound of incredulous laughter with a twist of maniacal madman)

SQL Databases are instsalled with as much tender precision as possible, only to be fitted into a network with a crowbar by the end of the day. The reason is the volume of software out there with Structured Query Language (SQL) code embedded into them as little secondary services that run on your system.

In other words, people use SQL in a lot of other software...and it conflicts with SQL database software because SQL is like a prom queen. She can't have anyone else at the ball wearing the same dress. It just can't happen.

Either way, we've been throwing every weapon we have at these issues, and I've been slowly coming up with solutions. One of the big problems is that my parent company is new to the software industry so they provide lackluster support -- however they have absolute wizards working for them so once you get a guru on the line, you keep that guru on the line. Hell, I even have their cell numbers now!

Okay, I'll stop whining now and see if I can get some solutions provided here. Wish me luck, I need it.

No comments: