July 27, 2005

¿Dónde fue usted, Siete?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Okay, I should explain why I haven't posted in a month...

You see, my main PC went down, as I am sure you can read below. The problem is, the power port that broke in the back, is attached to the motherboard. The manufacturer (Toshiba) does not sell a replacement power port, so you have to buy an entire motherboard to fix the simple problem. Of course, when the logic of this is challenged, the Toshiba people simply mutter what their manual tells them to and hope you stop complaining.

I suppose I could take it apart, run down to a Radio Shack, and get my own power port. It would require that I match the port's power ratings and that I solder the thing properly. The problem is, I would much prefer the Toshiba people fix this for me. I mean, after all -- it's why I got the warranty to begin with.

Either way, that is why I haven't been posting as much. I want to apologize to my good friends and regular readers. If I was in a better financial state, I wouldn't have this problem. Who know, it might change this coming week. I've had 3 interviews that seem very promising, and hopefully will lead to something much better.

No comments: