July 28, 2005

Yankee Doodle Puppies...

Meet the newest members of my family.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

That's right, I got a pair of Boston Terriers. Now, this came about on a strange hot day about a week back, when Kay and her parents went to a yard sale. Turned out the wife was getting a divorce from the husband, and was selling all his stuff while he was away.

Including his dogs.

Now mind you, I usually think such things are cold and wouldn't condone her actions under normal circumstances...but these were Boston Terriers and they were free! A breeding female can run like $450 bucks, so you bet I took these guys in.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Just look at that face, c'mon...you'd take him home too!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is the way he seems to spend most of his time -- asking for belly rubs.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Charlie and Oliver absolutely adore these dogs, and run around all day playing with them. They have both taken turns sleeping in the kids beds at night, and seem to be adjusting relatively well.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is the female, I like her the most. The boy has a brain about the size of a peanut

She's actually the male's mother, and is about 5 years old. She is also considerably better trained, especially on a leash. He seems to be more difficult to get signals from when it's bathroom time...so we've already had a few cleanups. She also seemed hyper and jumpy at first but settled down after a few days.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I love these spots.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now here's the real kicker. They're both AKC registered, and his name (as well as the name of his father) is listed as "Sir Emeril Legasse". Kayla thought it was kismet when we heard that. Either way, we're probably going to sell the boy since we don't think we want two dogs in an apartment. Kayla likes his face more, and I like hers...but in the end...the one with the larger brain capacity will most likely win.

(i.e. the one who pisses on my stuff less)

No comments: