
Okay, so I'm brushing my teeth the other day.
Now, I live in an apartment. Anyone who has ever lived in one as well, knows what I'm talking about when I say you intimately experience the lives of your neighbors when you live in an apartment building. Okay, well for the most part, my neighbor troubles have been relatively passé since...
...of I forgot to tell you!
The "Tweaker" has been evicted! Sheesh, I can't believe I didn't post that yet. Yeah, been gone for like 2 weeks now. I couldn't be happier and I didn't even have to get involved in the eviction. She pissed off everyone apparently! Okay so either way, my other neighbor to the north side of the building, is generally quiet. In fact, I'm sure I drive her nuts with my big feet running up and down my stairs all the time, but I digress.
So I'm brushing my theeth the other day, and I hear this singing. I turn off the water and hear a man's voice coming from behind me. He's singing. In fact, he's singing "When can I see you again" by Babyface. Now, I actually like this song a lot -- so after I remember that my neighbors' bathroom is an exact mirror image of mine, it snaps; he's gotta be singing in the shower.
Now, I used to be a shower singin' fool. In fact, it's an embarrasing aspect of my childhood that I used to think Michael Bolton was cool, and would attempt to belt out his oh-so-souless renditions of actually cool old school R&B from the 70's, while scrubbing away in my parents shower. Those who know me, know I'm loud amd do silly things.
So I sing along.
Then I hear the muffled voice of what I'm pretty sure is my neighbor, and she sounds pissed. He stops singing all of a sudden, and I'm just left standing there with Pepsodent dribbling off my lip. So I kind of start it back up again with:
" and when will I breathe once again...."
And I hear her, kinda muffled again, followed by his voice clearly yelling "I'm not singing anymore!!"
So I guessed the duet was over.
August 1, 2005
Singing in the shower...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment