May 11, 2006

The Sky is Crying...

I didn't know he'd passed way until 1994. I was reading an issue of Guitar Player Magazine in my bedroom when I saw a tiny photo of him with "The late great SRV" in the caption.

I freaked...and then I ran to every person I knew trying to find out if it was true. I was devestated, and couldn't listen to "Little Wing" or "Texas Flood" without crying for a long time. He was an idol. He was my introduction to Texas Blues and Rockabilly. I still find it difficult to listen to his live work.

Mind you, he dressed like a 2 dollar hindu pimp on acid at times, but he owned your attention when he played. He demanded your soul when he made his guitar cry. He's also the reason I stopped being a total sissy on my guitar.




Thank you Stevie Ray Vaughn.

No comments: