
CLICK ME FOR FULL SIZE COMIC
Okay, I'll admit it. I'm a new Mac lover. It's not because Mac ever bothered to grow a pair of balls and be functional in any way. No it's because with the new universal drive compatibility, which lets you run Linux or WindowsXP on a Mac, there exists the perfect computing machine.
That's right. I said it. Come and get me.
I'm a die-hard PC whore. Cut me and I bleed intel and microsoft juice. I sit in the rare position of being a PC freak who is also a photographer and graphic artist. This means that yes, I stumble across Mac's regularly, but no, I don't prefer them. Even when it comes to art! You know who does? The non-fat latte sippin, ponytail wearin boobs in the art department, that's who! (Brent I'm callin you out!!)
Okay, the thing that drives me nuts is this new commercial campaign Mac is running. Right at the point that Mac has stretched out the digital olive branch, we get this bullshit. Fuck you, guys. If you think $300 faded jeans and white belts are cool then good for you. The rest of us have to work to support your hipster asses, so we'll take the virus-plagued PC, thank you very much.
I mean right now, is not the time to be saying "neener neener" on national TV. I honestly think this might have actually killed a significant number of the PC to Mac transition sales they were going to get. If you ask ANYONE who was a Mac hater two years ago, what they think of Mac now, they will sound very similar to me. If they begin fuming from the ears, ask them what they though of Mac, before the new ad campaign. You'll see.
The reason is that Mac only became viable when they finally got down on their knees for Intel. The CoreDuo chip is so powerful, that is can make a Mac run PC. That's saying a lot! Mac's couldn't power a personal massager before Intel got into bed with them, so most Mac users simply masturbated with their shiny plastic cases and uber-expensive (yet jaw-dropping beautiful) screens.
In the end, it's all bullshit. Sure, Mac can now do everything a PC can do....technically. It's still not nearly as fast, but yes, it's as stable as they come. It's also gonna cost you an arm and a leg to have that kind of stability but I suggest you save up and get one anyway. Just pretend they didn't say what they said on their commercial and save up for a few months. Maybe a year. Okay, two.
Then once we're all in their "clique" we can stuff the soy milk and mock turtlenecks down their throats, get their lazy asses off the IKEA couch, and make Mac actually get to work.
May 13, 2006
Thank you!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment