
Sorry it's been so long since a post, but I moved into a virtual black hole for broadband access and I'll be damned if I'll stick a dialup account on my new monolith of a computer. It would be like putting a wine cooler in the gas tank of a Ferrari - ain't happenin'.
Work is slammin though. I'm booked with weddings until October, and life at AdvancedAccess.com is pretty cool as well. From what I can tell, its full of fun people who aren't stupid -- and they love their jobs. It's one of those "gee, why don't they do this everywhere?" kind of things. I know I can do really well here, and I'm excited as hell for each coming day.
Mind you, I need to look into charging for travel nowadays for wedding photography. I'm booking most events in Orange County but I'm also landing a lot of beach weddings in Los Angeles. This week has been a fresh reminder of what REAL traffic jams are like running along the 405, the 91, and that god-awful I-5 Freeway. I tell you, the last two years of whining about Bakersfield traffic make me feel sheepish after putting 300 miles on my car in one day. (Took 9 hours too)
Oh by the way, check out my new toy! Tax write-off's rock!
28mm - 300mm Telephoto Zoom lens baby...Oh yea! Look at that thing, it's obscene. I picked it up at South Side Camera today, and I have to thank them for the sweet price. Hell, I can shoot weddings in the OC from Bakersfield now. I spent most of the day shooting total strangers from way the hell back. It's so much fun.
Oh, and by the way...I am now an official member of the Associated Press, WireImage, and Reuters photography wire services. That's right, I'm a paparazzi with a super telephoto lens. Seriously!
Watch out celebrities, here I come!
July 22, 2006
Rockin the OC!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment