July 8, 2006

Umm....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yeah....so I've been avoiding this. I'm moving.

It's not like I wanted to move. I wasn't exactly looking to move. A little while back my employer told me I was essentially out of work. I haven't exactly been rolling in the dough lately anyway, but this was a full on pink slip at the worst possible time.

So I looked around. A very good friend of mine told me her company was hiring and that it was right down my alley. They also have a benefits program that's so amazing, it seemed unreal. Oh, and it happens to be in Orange County California.

As most of you know, I have been running a photography business as well. I'm excited to say that it's taking off at a suprising speed, and that the move to Anaheim will only benefit this even more. Especially when you consider that most of my customers are in the LA/OC area. Hell, I'm nearly booked solid for shooting weddings straight until October. It's amazing.

Of course, the move is abrupt. My wife and kids have to stay here, while I work and find a place for us all to stay. Until then I'll be staying with a wonderful friend who has opened up her home to me. Hopefully the time away from my family will be short lived, and with the way business has been lately, it just might be. Who knows.

All I do know, is that this is the second time I've moved to Southern California. The last time, I got railroaded by business partners and eventually screwed myself into poverty by just being hopeless and lazy. We moved to Bakersfield for the low overhead and close proximity to my wife's family. They've been wonderful and made the important first years of my children's lives so special. I don't really know how we'll be able to get along without them.

Truth is, this is all a little weird. I don't know much about anything that's going to happen in the near future. I'm in kind of a jam, and have to take this job because it's just such a great opportunity. Too good to pass by, even if I tried to find any company (*ahem* Chevron) that would hire me locally.

So I leave the Bakersfield community this weekend. I won't miss the pollution. I won't miss the wanna be, and regular gang-bangers. I won't miss the graffitti and I won't miss the cow manure scented evenings on the south side of town. I sure as fuck won't miss the damn politicians of this town, or the whackjob soccer mom's...and it's a safe bet I never want to see 109° again.

But then again, I didn't wanna trade up for fake tans, a midget in a Mickey Mouse suit, and granola / wheat grass smoothies. We'll see what happens.

See ya round.

PS: I know I sound sappy, but I'm pretty sad at the moment.

No comments: