
Yeah, so this whole move is kcking major ass.
The studio is doing very well so far, and the move to O.C., while not exactly smooth at first, is transitioning into something a little more manageable. There was a point where I had to reschedule a number of appointments and portrait shoots, but we're back to normal.
The new office gig is also doing well. I got promoted to a new department about 3 weeks in, and while it's a "lateral move" inside the company structure, I know for a fact that it's the same department a number of the supervisors in the company shot up from. I'm beginning to get a sense of the company as a whole, and the more I find the more I like.
At first I was concerned the "other shoe" would have to drop at any moment. There couldn't be that many intelligent people who were good at what they did, and were paid what they were worth. It just doesn't happen in the real world. Turns out my suspicions were correct, but only slightly so. For the most part, the folks who run this ship really have a great sense of how to manage people and the vast majority of the company is made up of fun people who enjoy what they do. It's a breath of fresh air and I'm hoping to stay around here for a long time.
I don't miss the heat either! Damn, Bakersfield is hot. I come up every weekend I can to see Kay and the kids and man alive it's like an oven up here. A month in the O.C., and I'm a whiny SoCal baby who can't handle the Bako bake. How pathetic.
I'll keep you guys posted more frequently. I'm getting broadband on Tuesday, so everything should be running smoothly by the end of the week. I have a lot of orders to process, so wish me luck!
August 20, 2006
Bates Update...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment