I've determined that pizza always sucks at lunchtime.
Now, pizza itself is great. It tastes great all day, every day…and even when it sucks, it's better than most fast food. It's just that every time I order pizza for all of us at work...it sucks ass no matter where we order from.
I'm assuming that maybe the owners of these pizza shacks know the vast majority of their business is ordered for delivery, sometime between 6PM - 10PM. Taking this into account, they make sure to have their best pizza makers on shift for nights as opposed to mornings or early afternoons.
I just ordered 5 pizzas, and one of the pies didn't even have any damn pizza sauce under the toppings! Oddly, that one tasted pretty good but it's still not what I ordered.
And the delivery guy smelled like he had taken a few Jamaican lunch breaks before getting there, an hour after our order was made. I think I should stress here, that I think wacky tobacco is great, but making me wait for my munchies, just because you already have em isn't cool!
And what is up with pizza being so greasy? I understand that pizza isn't on the same heath food table as tofu nuggets, but apparently afternoon pizza is drenched in oil no matter where you order it from.
Oh well, it's Thai food tomorrow. The sales guys are nuts for the little asian delivery girl.
August 30, 2003
Pizza...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment