March 12, 2004

On the road again...

Okay, so I'm in Bishop California today.



Yeah, this isn't exactly what I was expecting when I was told to begin training the other day. I should recap...lemme see.

Okay, so Santos and I have been driving all over California since Tuesday. We've been crammed into a tiny Toyota pickup and driven a grand total over 1600 miles.

What makes it suck so much is that Santos and I are both large guys. You'd be amazed how close you can get to a guy you've just met when the seating space has your asses pressed together like that.

The first stop was Sacramento. We trained in Sac for a few days, and then found out on the last day that Santos didn't even have to take the test. He was already certified on the latest version of the app. So while we're trying to be cool about that on the long-ass trip home, we get a call from the boss that we need to go to Bishop -- nearly the exact 5 hour trip back...at 4:00 am the next morning.

So scratch the scheduled free day with out family, we need to drive out to the boonies to fix some machines.

Turns out, the machines are working perfectly and the "IT" guys who work there screwed up their LDP settings in the configuration menu. If this all sounds like Greek to you, that's fine...but it's "geek" to guys in the IT field, and they (as well as our own techs) should know geek-eze that like they know their Star Wars trivia.

So to add insult to injury, we get up way before the ass-crack of dawn and drive through the middle of B.F.E., just to flip a switch and get our large posterior's back into that tiny truck to do it all over again.

No comments: